Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Vigilance

Before November 4, certain friends and I shared concerns about what an Obama presidency combined with a Democratic Congress would bring. We worried about higher taxes and a declining standard of living. My husband and I had discussed restrictions of 2nd Amendment rights. We stocked up a little extra home-grown home-canned food this year and have made plans to head for the cabin if needed. Some would say that we overreacted. Sometimes I think I've been a little silly.

Then comes a video like this:



This is quite creepy. The plan is to impose mandatory "civil defense training" upon every citizen somewhere between the ages of 18 and 25. If you listen through to the end, you would think that Rahm Emanuel is spoofing a mafioso. It should make your stomach turn.

I know that this is supposed to be a place of positive discussion. Frankly, I'm finding it difficult to find much hope for the next four or eight years.

In the absence of optimism, I think vigilance will be necessary to guide our way.

h/t Ace

No comments:

Post a Comment